On May 2nd my husband and I are starting the Beachbody Ultimate Reset (BUR) which is a new nutritional product by Beachbody. Over a period of 21 days you gradually transition to a vegan diet (you eat chicken and fish during the first week) and take 6 different supplements to detox or RESET your entire body (not just your digestive tract). It’s like P90X for your insides!
I would NOT be doing this program if it was like most typical cleanses and detoxes which use mostly diuretics and colon cleansing supplements that keep you parked by the bathroom all day long! The BB reset program also allows you to eat REAL food and you’re consuming at least 1,500 calories a day so it’s NOT a starvation diet either! Tony Horton’s personal chef designed the entire meal plan which includes simple ingredients you can purchase at your local grocery store.
Why I’m doing the Beachbody Ultimate Reset:
1. If I’m going to recommend this program and help others go through it I need to do it myself! I’m also glad my husband will be doing the program with me because I can get a male perspective as well.
2. I feel like I’m currently stuck in a rut both physically and nutritionally. During my trip to Atlantis, Isabelle Diakeler (co-creator of BUR) talked about how people sometimes get stuck in daily patterns, both in terms of exercise and what we eat. These patterns may not always be unhealthy, but our bodies still crave something different and thrive on change.
3. I want to know what it feels like to start over with a completely CLEAN slate! We are exposed to SO many things because of our modern lifestyle…the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, etc. The BUR will take your body back to a state you’ve probably never experienced since the day you were born!!
4. I have to admit, since coming home from my vacation in the Bahamas I’ve been slacking a bit in the nutrition department and I need to get back on track. I’m starting to feel a bit “fluffly” and it’s driving me crazy!
What about you?
Here are several other scenarios where a RESET may be in order:
- flush your organs of toxins
- improve your digestion
- increase energy
- have a more positive mood and better focus
- lose weight (and improve you BMI)
- lower your cholesterol
- eliminate dependencies on sugar and caffeine
- improve your overall health
The Beachbody Ultimate Reset consists of three phases:
Phase 1: Reclaim
During the first week you RECLAIM your body’s natural chemistry balance. Constant consumption of preservatives and chemical-laden foods along with exposure to toxins and pollution in the environment impair normal body processes. You’ll balance your body chemistry with four of the six supplements in order to optimize its systems. This will also reduce cravings or dependencies on items such as sugar or caffeine.
I’m not a coffee drinker but I don’t think my husband has gone a day without coffee in the 15 years I’ve known him so this should be interesting!! Also, I heard from people who participated in the first couple of test groups that you sleep for 12-14 hours during Days 3-4!!
Phase 2: Release
During the second week you RELEASE the harmful materials you may be storing within your body. You reverse the effects of poor habits, unhealthy foods, and environmental toxins. You modify your diet so that your digestive system won’t have to struggle, and digestive problems you may have experienced before such as bloating and indigestion will be significantly reduced as your gasotrointestinal tract is cleansed.
Phase 3: Restore
On the third and final week you’ll RESTORE your system to its maximum health. You will experience a profound positive change in your mood and energy level. During the final week, you eat foods of high-nutritional value whose nutrients are easily absorbed and return healthy bacteria to your freshly scrubbed digestive tract with pre and probiotics. This will set you on the path to long-term healthy living.
OK, how much does it cost?
If you look at other cleanses and detoxes on the market they are priced anywhere in the range between $119 and $425. To make the comparison a little easier, I created the chart below. Simply click the chart for an enlarged view. As you can see, the BUR is priced right in the middle of that range at $229.95 or $305 depending on whether or not you purchase the kit with or without Shakeology. That’s not to mention all the other benefits you get compared to the other programs. I can pretty much guarantee that the $119 5-day program will keep you parked by the bathroom for almost a week!
Just like P90X the BUR is going to take hard-work, dedication, and sacrifice. I definitely don’t think this is going to be cake-walk (bad pun, I know!) but I’m looking forward to the results and sharing my experience with you!
If you’d like to do the Beachbody Ultimate Reset with me as your coach please use the links below to make your purchase: