It probably sounds strange, but really…how do you define a workout? If you want the boring definition, this is what Webster says: A session of vigorous physical exercise. Hmmm, not very inspirational is it? Below you will find a definition that I like a lot better. I found it on Facebook, and rumor has it that it was once posted on the Robie Creek Race website. Here goes:
- A workout is 25% PERSPIRATION and 75% DETERMINATION. Stated in another way, it is one part physical exertion and three parts self-discipline. Doing it is easy once you get started.
- A workout MAKES YOU BETTER today than you were yesterday. It strengthens the body, relaxes the mind, and toughens the spirit. When you work out regularly, your problems diminish and your confidence grows.
- A workout is a personal triumph over laziness and procrastination. It is the badge of a WINNER. The mark of an organized, goal-oriented person who has taken charge of his, or her destiny.
- A workout is a wise use of time and an INVESTMENT in excellence. It is a way of preparing for life’s challenges and proving to yourself that you have what it takes to do what is necessary.
- A workout is A KEY that helps unlock the door to opportunity and success. Hidden within each of us is an extraordinary force. Physical and mental fitness are the triggers that can release it.
- A workout is a form of REBIRTH. When you finish a good workout you don’t simply feel better. YOU ARE BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.
~ SO DON’T PUT IT OFF ANY LONGER. GET TO IT. YOU’LL FEEL BETTER AND YOU’LL BE HEALTHIER! ~