All new coaches start out their first week as INACTIVE. If you purchased a challenge pack during the sign-up process, the Beachbody system will show you as ACTIVE the next time the system updates. The Beachbody system checks every Wednesday night at midnight EST to see if each coach has bought or sold at least 50 PV (personal volume) points in the last 35 days. You can see how many PV points are assigned to each product by looking them up in your Coach Online Office or simply go the Team Beachbody store while you are logged into your account.
PVs are about equivalent to what YOU pay, as a coach, dollar for dollar. For example, P90X costs $89.89 for you as a coach and is worth 90 PV. If someone purchases it from your account, they pay $119.85 and you earn $30 (25%) and 90 PV. It’s the same PV points whether you buy it for yourself, or if someone buys it from your Beachbody website or link.
If you have 50 PVs, the system will post your new ACTIVE status (or higher coach rank status) the next time the system updates—Thursday morning. So, even if you bought or sold 50 PV worth of merchandise today, it would stay INACTIVE until Thursday afternoon.
So, what does INACTIVE really mean?
As INACTIVE you are still a coach. You still receive commissions on sales that you make. BUT, inactive status is a pretty good indicator that you’re not really actively buying or selling and therefore not getting much out of the coaching experience.
If you’re not using the products, you’re not likely to be talking about them. And, really NOT likely to be able to share them genuinely with others. On the other hand, if you live the Beachbody coaching lifestyle, the conversations about the products will come more naturally.
If you just joined to get the 25% discount staying active isn’t all that important, but if you want to build your business staying active is pretty much a necessity. Signing up for Shakeology home direct is the easiest way to do this. You should be drinking Shakeology anyway! I have 2 home direct orders of Shakeology. One that my husband and I use for our personal use (the bulk bag) and the other I use for samples (the packets).
But is being ACTIVE really that important?
The first level of higher earnings (when you become eligible for team bonuses and the Customer Lead Program) is to reach EMERALD rank. Being Emerald means you are ACTIVE and you have at least two coaches under you that are also ACTIVE (one on each side in your downline). So, you could become Emerald right away, but have a coach who hasn’t bought or sold 50 PV worth of product in 35 days and drop out of Emerald status. Not a show-stopper, but you DO lose your carryover volume when you drop back down to Coach status. The more coaches you have, the easier it is to maintain your rank and go higher. Plus, if you’re using products yourself each month, and/or have a regular customer base that grows each month, your status remains ACTIVE easily.
Achieving EMERALD status can actually happen pretty quickly even as a brand new coach. Once you qualify for Success Club and the Customer Lead Program, customers will be assigned to you on a random basis. The number of customers you receive varies depending on the time of year (January is a VERY busy time!). At first they may not order much, because they have JUST ordered from Beachbody (and you don’t get credit for that first order since it came from a Beachbody advertisement). But they DO order as time goes on and especially if you’ve made an effort to connect and invite them to your challenge groups. Also, as these customers experience success with the Beachbody products they ordered, they may eventually want to become coaches themselves!
In Summary, the Main Benefits of Becoming Emerald Are:
1. It’s the first step in becoming eligible for the Customer Lead Program (second step = earning Success Club) where customers are assigned to you (over time they start buying products that adds to your weekly checks AND they make GREAT coaches AND Beachbody is releasing new products all the time so they are likely to buy with little or NO additional work on your part).
2. You become eligible for team cycle bonuses. Yes, these team cycle bonuses take time to grow, but give them time! As your team grows and their teams grow, your team cycle bonus grows exponentially.
How do I qualify for the Customer Lead Program?
To qualify for the Customer Lead Program you need to meet the following requirements:
1. Emerald rank or higher.
2. At least 8 WOWY workouts logged in REAL time within the last 30 days. That’s just clicking “workout now” 8 times in a month – Easy! “Scheduled” workouts do NOT count. You have to click “workout now”. And only 1 workout per day counts. You don’t have to click FINISHED when you’re done, but if you DO, you’re entered into the daily prize/cash giveaway! UPDATE: Logging workouts is a great way to stay accountable but is no longer a requirement for the lead program.
3. At least a “Before” Picture posted on your Team Beachbody profile page with a bio.
4. Club Member ($38 every four months). Beachbody wants to make sure you are familiar with all their tools if they are assigning you customers that may also be club members. So yes, you have to join the “Club” to be eligible but you EASILY recoup that because MANY of the customers assigned to you are also club members and YOU make $19 off your customer’s renewal fees. So, for every quarter you’re paying $38, you’re usually making at the very LEAST $100 in return with renewals!
REMEMBER: It only takes 2 ACTIVE coaches!
What if my coaches just joined to get the discount?
Not everyone wants to work the business, and you WILL have people wanting to join just for the discounts. GREAT! Do not turn those folks down! Many of those people end up building their business without even trying anyway!
I started off as a “discount coach.” But I quickly saw how easy and effortless it was to share the success I had doing P90X with others. I discovered I could turn my love for health and fitness into residual income PLUS help people change their lives too. This is something I was doing for FREE and would continue to do for free but if I can get PAID for it, WHY NOT?
Should my spouse/significant other become a coach?
If you’re going to build this business (which means you plan to build a team) the first two people you sign up are the two people that will benefit the MOST from your hard work and your growing team of coaches. Those two people (the first one on each leg) will have in their organization ALL the people YOU add to your organization PLUS they’ll have others in their organization that are added from those above YOU.
Even if those first two people don’t want to really “work” the business, as long as they at least become Emerald, they’ll be able to cash in on team bonus cycles, from coaches YOU brought in. I am commonly asked, “What if those first two people don’t want to work it and do nothing with their business? Does it negatively impact ME?” No, it doesn’t negatively impact you as long as you’re still moving forward and building your team. It’s true that it doesn’t HELP you that they’re not working it, and it’s their loss for not taking advantage of the downline growing beneath them, but it doesn’t HURT your business if they do nothing with their account and don’t take advantage of the team cycle bonuses.
The Benefits of having a spouse/significant other join under you:
1. If you are already active, you can send all other sales and/or purchases through your spouse/sig other account so that HE/SHE gets the commission (hopefully you SHARE money . . . HA!) and YOU get the team volume points! If you already easily get your 50pv/month to stay active, then send OTHER sales, or HD orders, or your own purchases through his/her account. Again, YOUR account will also benefit from the team volume that creates.
2. You’re only ONE coach short of being Emerald because you only need TWO coaches to be Emerald (one on each side).
3. Once your spouse/sig other is active and you’ve reached Emerald, you can have your next couple of coaches join under your spouse/sig other so that he/she is now an Emerald under you! Then soon you’ll have TWO weekly bonus checks that start coming in as the team grows, and TWO accounts collecting customers under the Customer Lead Program. Two checks and twice the amount of customers is better than one. I’m quite sure of this.
4. With an Emerald coach under you that you can RELY ON to stay Emerald, you’re now closer to reaching Diamond rank! Then you’ll build his/her account to be one of your DIAMONDS.
You can have ALL the drive in the world to make this work, but if you approach this business the wrong way (too aggressive with people, not confident enough, or like a “salesperson” out to recruit or make a sale) and you’re not willing to take the time to genuinely connect with people and help them, you’ll burn out and feel frustrated.
Beachbody coaching is a great way to make money, but ONLY when it comes as the result of helping people transform their lives. The only successful coaches I know are truly passionate about the programs and are excited to help others get fit and healthy.
If you don’t BELIEVE you can make a 6-figure income in this business, chances are you won’t. I know every single person on my team has the ability, and I just can’t WAIT to see who endures the challenge and makes it to the top in the next year or two!