Hey there! Welcome to my little corner of the Interweb.
I’m Amanda…Chief Executive Mama Bear at Happy Healthy Running and lover of all things furry, gooey, and geeky.
In a nutshell this is me:
>> MEAL PREPPING STRATEGIST
I help runners save time and stay sane by teaching them simple meal prepping skills and recipes. That way they can continue to eat healthy and give their body the best fuel possible while they conquer the world (or at least attempt to get their kids into bed–same thing). EAT ALL THE THINGS!!
>> CERTIFIED RUNNING COACH
I help adult-onset runners get fit and have fun so they can run faster, longer, stronger and stay injury-free. RUN ALL THE RACES!!
OK I totally just made that up but really…I help other folks who are obsessed with running, nutrition, and fitness start and build their own online business so we can help more people fall in love with running and enjoy the freedom that comes with living a healthy lifestyle. HELP ALL THE PEOPLE!!
Wanna crack open a few more nuts?
Here ya go…
40 Random Things About Me
1. I was born in 1976. In Michigan. Still here.
2. I lived in the same house all the years between Kindergarten and college.
3. I don’t drink coffee. Sometimes I wish I did.
4. I played the cello in middle and high school. It’s still sitting in my closet.
5. I played the bass drum and quad drums in our high school drum line and marching band. I wish they were still sitting in my closet.
6. I can wiggle my ears. Both at once or one at a time.
7. I was and always-will-be a tomboy. The only time I ever had a temper tantrum as a kid was when my mom told me I had to wear a dress.
8. My first car was a Pontiac Sunbird. I’ve only owned two other cars since then.
9. I don’t have a favorite color. But if you made me pick I would probably say orange. Or purple. Or green. I can’t decide.
10. When I was 3 I fell down the stairs and cut my head open. Now I have a big scar over my left eyebrow.
11. I can swim. But I prefer not to.
12. I love jigsaw puzzles. Every year on New Year’s Day my husband and I put one (or two) together. I think it says something about my OCD and my desire to create order out of chaos. Doing a puzzle is almost like a weird form of therapy for me.
13. I love maps. Not the GPS kind–the paper ones.
14. I don’t have pierced ears. (see #7)
15. If I had a warning sign it would say: I DON’T SAY MUCH BUT I SEE EVERYTHING.
16. I’m a covert stutterer. It’s pretty complicated, but I’m working on it.
17. I’m so NOT a morning person.
18. I have a hard time accepting help from others. Although I’ve made major progress in that department after my son was born.
19. During my college years I had two jobs where I was the only female on staff. Less drama but more belching.
20. I have a bachelor’s degree in Forestry. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a job once I graduated and I stumbled into the field of veterinary medicine which served me well for 13 years.
21. I love Alaska (see #20).
22. Fall is my favorite season.
23. I’m a terrible singer (and I’m not working on it).
24. I’m typically more productive past the hour of midnight. (see #17) Although I experienced some major setbacks in that department after my son was born.
25. I have too many ideas and not enough time to implement them.
26. Boredom is not a word in my vocabulary. (see #25)
27. I’ve had articles published in 4 different veterinary magazines.
28. I’ve seen Vince Gill in concert at least 15 times (after that I lost count).
29. Me and my fitness hero Tony Horton have the same birthday (different year). Although the year I was born is the same year he graduated from high school. (see #1)
30. I still have t-shirts that I wore in high school.
31. My favorite bible verse is Psalm 46:10. Or Romans 12:2. Or Proverbs 31:25. I can’t decide.
32. I started a Happy List in college and I really need to start adding more things to it.
33. I know how to juggle.
34. After 15 years of marriage I became a first-time mom at the age of 39.
35. I took 3 years of Latin in high school. Gaudeamus igitur!
36. God is my BFF.
37. I like giving names to inanimate objects.
38. When I was pregnant with my son I suffered from horrible prenatal depression (which I didn’t even know was a thing?!). But I’m feeling much better now (see #36). I’ve made it my mission to help other moms who might be suffering in silence and spread awareness about this horrible disease.
39. I’m a minimalist in training. (see #30)
40. My BIG goal in life >> buy a motorhome and travel the U.S. for as long as we want while my husband and I run a race in every state and teach our son about life, people, U.S. history, and the true meaning of freedom and independence.
OK that’s all I got…wow, are you still reading this?
Have you joined my Facebook group yet? It’s totally free and it’s totally fun and I totally say totally way too much.